My Job Applications
Rwanda Civil Service Recruitment Portal
Time to Deadline
Back to jobs list
Statistician Methods Sampling &Classification research statistician team leader
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF STATISTICS OF RWANDA
Director of Statistical Methods,Research & Publication Unit
No. of Positions
•To Develop scientific methods and ensure their application in the measurement of variables characteristic of social and economic processes; •To review International standards and classifications and introduce necessary modifications in response to the situations in Rwanda without jeopardizing the comparability with other countries; •To review questionnaires for all surveys conducted at the NISR to ensure soundness of the methodology; •To ensure consistency of methods and classification for all official statistics produced in Rwanda; •To promote the use of international and national methodologies within NSS institutions; •To lead and coordinate the design and implementation of Integrated Household Living Conditions Survey (EICV) and poverty measurements; •To participate in the development of the annual work program, budget and report of activities of the Unit; •To provide regular monitoring and progress reports to the Director of the Department.
A0 in Statistics,Economics, Applied Mathematics with 2 years of working experience and knowledge of statistical softwares (SPSS, STATA , SAS, etc) Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Computer skills
- Creativity and initiative
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Team working skills
- Technical understanding of system being analyzed and how it affects the various business units.
- Good at handling and meeting deadlines.
- tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes.
- Able to work well with both internal and external clients.
- starter with leadership skills in order to take charge of or facilitate requirementgathering sessions.
- Quick learner who is easily able to learn new products, systems, applications and technologies
Back to jobs list