My Job Applications
Rwanda Civil Service Recruitment Portal
Time to Deadline
Back to jobs list
SME Development Specialist
MINISTRY OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY
No. of Positions
- Support feasibility studies prioritizing micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) investment opportunities project areas;
- Conduct needs assessments and oversee the delivery of technical assistance and capacity building for local MSMEs; and,
- Foster an environment and incentives for the promotion of local innovations by MSMEs.
- Conduct studies and prepare realistic assessments about the situation of SMEs in the labour market including, interalia, analysis of regulatory frameworks, financing schemes, levels of skills and entrepreneurship preparedness; identify the existing barriers and opportunities and provide recommendations in the various fields. Review feasibility studies prepared by entrepreneurs and ensure their soundness.
Masters in economics, business administration with a minimum 3 years of experience in SME development and business development. Or a bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration with a minimum 5 years of experience in SME development and business development. A specialization in industrial design and agro processing is an added value. Key technical skills and knowledge required:
- Proven experience in conducting and evaluating feasibility studies for small enterprises;
- associated with economic development mechanisms (strategic planning, investments, legislation, etc.);
- Strong mentoring and advisory skills related to capacity building efforts;
- Exposure to other country experiences and experience in other countries is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda (both in writing and oral) is a must.
Back to jobs list