My Job Applications
Rwanda Civil Service Recruitment Portal
Time to Deadline
Back to jobs list
Data Management Officer- District Level
LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ENTITIES DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
IT Management Information System Specialist
No. of Positions
Roles and Responsibilities of the Data Management Officer
- District level • Manage data, including data cleaning as needed and entry in the LODA MIS software platform to ensure completeness, quality and data integrity • Cleaning, aggregating and generating reports from row data using LODA MIS platforms • Report any errors identified during data review to appropriate LODA MIS users and assist in resolving related issues • Maintain master copies of data collection forms (ensuring accurate updating as needed) and supporting documentation • Audit data on a regular basis and review data for inconsistencies or anomalies that could skew analytical results • Assist with production of the reports and data extraction when needed • Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them • Ensure confidentiality of all data extracted and reports and analytics produced and make sure that the information is used for intended purposes. • Respond to Help Desk service requests and maintain accurate task log • Provide regular feedback to the MEIS management team on any regular information requirements that needs to be imbedded into the processes of the MEIS. • Assist LODA MIS users with computer problems and answer their questions , remotely and via telephone • Train new and existing users on how to use LODA MIS; provide one
- one training to end users on an on
- going basis. • Develop expertise on functioning of the district, sector and cell level MIS user interfaces and ensure that all capacity linked issues are addressed appropriately. If need be set up a plan for refreshers periodically to aim for a smoothly functioning MIS at the district and sub
- district level. • Keep application users informed about system functionality and on
- going and planned enhancement. • Perform data analysis using statistical tools. • Identify and correct data entry errors and correct as needed.
Key Selection Criteria: • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Business Information Technology or other related field, with at least 5 years of working experience in using data management information systems. Or • Master's degree in the same fields with at least 3 years of working experience in using data management information systems. Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required: • Skills in Data Management and integrity • Knowledge of computerized information system including the operation and maintenance of data files Excellent understanding of MIS data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.) • Any prior understanding of the CRVS, Social Protection and public delivery systems would be added advantage • Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies • High Analytical & Complex Problem Solving Skills; • Effective communication and interpersonal skills; • Able to work well with both internal and external clients. • Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. • Quick learner who is easily able to learn new products, systems, applications and technologies • Time Management Skills; Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
Back to jobs list