My Job Applications
Rwanda Civil Service Recruitment Portal
Time to Deadline
Back to jobs list
INTEGRATED POLYTECHNIC REGIONAL COLLEGE OF KARONGI
DEPITY PRICIPAL IN CHARGE OF ACADEMIC AND TRAINING
No. of Positions
Organize, plan and implement in coordinating the preparation of library plans and services Prepare and submit requests pertaining to books tenders Elaborate and Implement library policies and procedures. Develop special library collections system Maintain and constantly update the research and academic documentation Enhance partnership with other libraries and Organizations related to academic resources Acquisition, Codify, classify, and catalogue books; publications, audiovisual aids, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems Evaluate materials to determine outdated or unused items to be discarded Perform public relations work for the library, such as community talks. Maintain library safety and security Perform lending and borrowing services Provide necessary and needed information to Institutional authorities, library users and visitors Provide professional and technical advice to her/his supervisors. Perform all other tasks assigned by her/his supervisors
Diploma in Library Science with 5 years of experience / Bachelor's Degree in Library science and information technology with 3 years experience. Key technical skills and knowledge:
- Cataloging reference books such as DDC and others
- Library software such as ALEXANDRIA UNICORN,XREF,VTLS and some open source software such as WSIS,CDS and KOHA
- Good knowledge on open sources materials and how to subscribe on them.
- Supervisory and follow up knowledge and skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with students and teaching staff.
- Good organization skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good Reporting skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English or French
Back to jobs list