My Job Applications
Rwanda Civil Service Recruitment Portal
Time to Deadline
Back to jobs list
Executive Secretary to the City of Kigali
CITY OF KIGALI
Mayor of the City of Kigali
No. of Positions
Main duties and responsibilities 1° to lead staff members at the level of the City of Kigali and monitor their management; 2° to develop the action plan of the City of Kigali and monitor its implementation; 3° to coordinate the planning of activities of the City of Kigali and that of its Districts; 4° to convene on a quarterly basis and whenever necessary the meeting of the Executive Secretaries of Districts in the City of Kigali in order to exchange views on their responsibilities; 5° to prepare files and other documents to be considered by the Executive Committee of the City of Kigali; 6° to serve as a rapporteur for the meetings of the Executive Committee of the City of Kigali; 7° to carry out the management of finance and property of the City of Kigali, execute its budget and prepare a report thereon intended for the Executive Committee of the City of Kigali; 8° to manage records of staff members of the administration of the City of Kigali; 9° to lead activities designed to draw up an inventory of immovable property of the City of Kigali and assess its value; 10° to monitor the functioning of projects operating at the level of the City of Kigali; 11° to prepare a report intended for the Executive Committee, as well as quarterly and annual reports intended for the Council of the City of Kigali; 12° to sign all documents related to the disbursement of funds in accordance with Laws; 13° to carry out first
- level performance appraisal of heads of departments and second
- level performance appraisal for other staff members of the City of Kigali; 14° to table every three (3) months before the Council the report on the use of the budget.
Master in Management, Economics, Finance, Public Administration, Administrative Sciences, Public Policy, Development Studies with 5 years working Experience Or A0 in Management, Economics, Finance, Public Administration, Administrative Sciences, Public Policy Development Studies with 7 years working Experience or 2 years in a senior Position Key Technical Skills and Knowledge Required
- Leadership skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Central and Local Government Functionality;
- Good knowledge of government policy
- making processes;
- Analytical, problem
- solving and critical thinking skills.
- tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes.
- Able to work well with both internal and external clients.
- Leadership skills;
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage
Back to jobs list