1. Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Advisor will have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Develop a full scale project plan and define detailed project tasks and resource requirements;
2. Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
3. Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
4. Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work
5. Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
6. Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
7. Monitor the sustainability of the project's results
8. Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
9. Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
10. Report monthly, quarterly, half
- yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Project SPIU Coordinator;
11. Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system
12. Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
13. Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project;
14. Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
15. Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use;
16. Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
17. Provide recommendations for improving implementation performance and design policies, plans and projects
18. Monitor and evaluate achievements of judiciary’s goals and targets as set in the project proposal and project arrangements;
19. Report on M&E findings and best practices;
20. Facilitate evidence based planning , learning and informed decision making
21. Assist the Project Manager in preparing other relevant reports;
22. Perform other duties as required.
1. 1.Detailed Project Action Plan / Work breakdown structure that is updated on a monthly basis
2. Prepare semester reports on project progress to be submitted to the Donors
3. Project tender Terms of References and Scope of works drafted and finalized with approval of relevant Judiciary officials as per the detailed project action plan
4. Quality assurance and review of project deliverables
5. Project activity background surveys, briefings and advisory memos produced and brought to the attention of relevant members of the management team according to action plan.
6. Technical supervision for contracts involving ICT Equipment.
7. Monthly project activity reports emailed to management every end of month.
8. Compile information on the progress of project works
9. The Technical Advisor will directly work with the Coordinator of the SPIU and the Judiciary Steering Committee by providing technical advice on all the project components, and where any Department interfacing is required.
10. Prepare monitoring reports.
• Corporate Competencies:
1. Demonstrates integrity by modelling the values and ethical standards
2. Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Judiciary
3. Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
• Functional Competencies:
1. Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
2. Plans, coordinates and organise workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
3. Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
• Knowledge Management and Learning
- depth knowledge on Monitoring and Evaluation and development issues
2. Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
3. Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with stakeholders and project staff.
4. Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/attitudinal change.
1. Focuses on result for the beneficiary
2. Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
3. Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
4. Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
5. Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
6. Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
7. Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
Required Skills and Experience
University Degree preferably in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
1. At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation in development projects implemented by national/international Government, Private and NGOs/UN bodies;
2. Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
3. Proven ICT skills, especially in the reporting software using database;
4. Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
5. Strong training & facilitation skills.
• Language Requirements
Fluency in written and spoken Rwandan language English, French and Kinyarwanda.