The main areas that the Accountant will be involved in are Financial Accounting and Reporting, Management Accounting including budget analysis, tracking and control, Treasury and Cash management, Banks reconciliations, and disbursement and Payments of the Project.
The specific duties of the position :
• Understanding nature of accounting, purpose and objectives, users of accounting information, the fundamental accounting principles, the financial statements and relevant accounting standards.
• Capture the records and manage the project operations related to the Designated Accounts, the Counterparts funds bank Account, Petty Cash and district Accounts,
• Update the General ledger on a daily basis both at central and decentralized level,
• Record operations and transactions (in USD) of the Special Account A in the excel file, processing the required treatment of data, to establish and submits requests of DPs funds disbursement , under the supervision of the Financial Management Specialist and Division Manager Corporate, on 15 days period basis after.
• Sharie information on needs to know basis regarding payments,
• Propmpt preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as requested by the Bank and other stakeholders,
• Prepare bank reconciliations for Project counterpart Account on a monthly basis,
• Proceed to prompt checks of petty management,
• Lead and support the annual audits and project inventories for project activities,
• Perform any other tasks as required or directed by RTDA management